Hub members Have many expertise, covering most of the fields in bioinformatics and biostatistics. You'll find below a non-exhaustive list of these expertise
Searched keyword : Comparative metagenomics
Related people (4)
After a PhD in informatics on graph analysis (metabolic networks and sRNA-mRNA interaction graphs) at the LaBRI (Université de Bordeaux), I joined the DSIMB team (INTS) for a post-doc on structural modeling. Then, I performed a second post-doc at Metagenopolis – INRA Jouy-en-Josas, where I was initiated to the analysis of metagenomic data. I was recruited at the HUB in 2015, and since I pursue the development of methods dedicated to the treatment of metagenomic data by combining either the treatment of sequencing data, the statistics, the protein structural modeling and the graph analysis.
AlgorithmicsClusteringGenome assemblyGenomicsMetabolomicsModelingNon coding RNASequence analysisStructural bioinformaticsTargeted metagenomicsDatabaseGenome analysisBiostatisticsProgram developmentScientific computingDatabases and ontologiesExploratory data analysisData and text miningIllumina HiSeqComparative metagenomicsRead mappingIllumina MiSeqSequence homology analysisGene predictionMultidimensional data analysisSequencingShotgun metagenomics
- Regulation of nasopharyngeal microbiome in normal healthy individuals(James DI SANTO - Innate Immunity) - Pending
- Changes in cellular pathways during SARS-CoV-2 infection upon drug treatment(Bjoern MEYER - Viral Populations and Pathogenesis) - Pending
- Identification, structural and functional analyses of peptides from SARS-Cov2 binding with high affinity to MHC-E and impact on NK cell responses in SARS-Cov2 infection(Huot NICOLAS - HIV, Inflammation and Persistence) - Pending
I am seeking to apply my knowledge in computer science and statistics to understand real world data. I have interdisciplinary background spanning complex systems, Big Data, machine learning, biostatistics and genomics. I have completed a PhD in which I applied clustering and PCA to epigenomics data and discovered new insights on the coupling between replication and epigenetics. I worked at Dataiku, a dynamic start up in which I was actively engaged to help their clients to build their Big Data strategy and draw value from their data. I studied the human microbiota during two years at MetaGenoPolis (MGP), an innovative research center. We aim at improving human health by developing strategies (eg. nutritional, therapeutical, preventive…) to restore dysbiosed microbiota with our industrial and academical partners. I currently work in the statistical genetics group at the Pasteur Institut where I apply my software development and data science skills to quantify the impact of the human genome variation on diverse health parameters.
ClusteringData managementGenomicsGenome analysisExploratory data analysisGeneticsComparative metagenomicsDimensional reductionMultidimensional data analysis
I have been involved in genomic projects for prokaryotic and human genetic studies (GWAS) since 1998. Currently, I am working on novel visualization techniques to explore large and highly complex data sets. I have develop a web based graphical user interface, called SynTView (http://genopole.pasteur.fr/SynTView/) to visualize biological features in comparative genomic studies. The tool allows interactive visualization of microbial genomes to investigate massive amounts of information efficiently. The software is characterized by the presentation of synthetic organisations of microbial genomes and the visualization of polymorphism data. I am extending this work into designing novel dynamic views for comparative analysis of viruses in emerging disease.
Data VisualizationDatabaseSofware development and engineeringComparative metagenomicsOrthology and paralogy analysis
- Mosquito vector competence for different RVFV variants(Pei-Shi YEN - Arboviruses and Insect Vectors) - Pending
- Genome organization and synteny analysis of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis strains responsible for the Far-East Scarlatine-Like Fever(Javier PIZARRO-CERDA - Yersinia) - Pending
After a PhD in bioinformatics at Inria/IRISA, Université de Rennes 1, Rennes (France), under the supervision of Dominique Lavenier and Pierre Peterlongo, I did a postdoc in bioinformatics at Laboratory of Ecology and Evolution of Plankton in Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn of Naples, Italy. Both my thesis and my postdoc were about the Tara Oceans projet and the development of new software to analyze huge quantities of raw reads coming from metagenomics sample. I am currently occupying a research engineer position at the Hub as leader of ALPS group and focus on several different computing problems including metagenomics, protein assembly and several short term developments.
AlgorithmicsData managementProteomicsDatabaseProgram developmentScientific computingSofware development and engineeringComparative metagenomics
- Analysis of neuronal population dynamics in rodents during virtual navigation(Christoph SCHMIDT-HIEBER - Neural circuits for spatial navigation and memory) - Pending
- Recombination among enteroviruses(Maël BESSAUD - Biology of Enteric Viruses) - Pending
- Identification of new or unexpected pathogens, including viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites associated with acute or progressive diseases(Marc ELOIT - Biology of Infection) - In Progress
Related projects (2)
With an estimated 1031 particles on earth, bacteriophages are the most abundant genomic entities across all habitats and important drivers of microbial communities. Growing evidence suggest that they
Immune responses are conditioned by host genetics as well as environmental stimuli that include disease-causing pathogens but also a diverse community of commensal micro-organisms (bacteria, fungi, vi