Hub members Have many expertise, covering most of the fields in bioinformatics and biostatistics. You'll find below a non-exhaustive list of these expertise
Searched keyword : Epidemiology and public health
Related people (2)
Developing and evaluating bioinformatic tools for: – next generation sequencing data – genome analysis & comparison Specialties:Genome & Transcriptome Bioinformatics
Data managementData VisualizationGenomicsNon coding RNASequence analysisTranscriptomicsGenome analysisBiostatisticsProgram developmentScientific computingData and text miningBiosensors and biomarkersEpidemiology and public health
- Tissue-resident stromal cell heterogeneity(Lucie PEDUTO - Stroma, Inflammation and Tissue Repair) - In Progress
- Role of small non coding RNAs in the adaptive response to oxidative stress in pathogenic Leptospira(NADIA BENAROUDJ - Biology of Spirochetes) - In Progress
- Dissecting Peptidoglycan pathways in human near-haploid cells(Martine FANTON D\'ANDON - Biology and Genetics of Bacterial Cell Wall) - Pending
Thomas is a biostatistician who holds an engineering degree in Agronomy (Agrocampus Ouest, Rennes, France). He also holds a Ph.D. in biostatistics from Université Pierre et Marie Curie for his work on the spread of nosocomial pathogens on contact networks. During his Ph.D at INSERM, he investigated how high-resolution dynamical contact data could support infection-tracing conducted using more traditional approaches in healthcare settings, e.g. routine swabbing and genetic characterization of strains detected in patients or healthcare workers. He developed a new statistical framework to test the correlation between dynamic close-proximity interaction networks and biological carriage data. While at INSERM, he also developed the R0 package for R that aimed at implementing several computation methods used in estimating reproduction parameters for emerging transmissible diseases. After working as a statistical modeller for a private company in the pharmaceutical industry, he joined the Hub in 2016 as a statistician and is now involved in the projects of the Malaria: parasites and hosts unit headed by Ivo Mueller.
ModelingBiostatisticsScientific computingApplication of mathematics in sciencesClinical researchEpidemiology and public health
- Impact des contraintes biomécanistiques sur la dynamique des macro-ouverture induits par l'EDIN de Staphylococcus aureus.(Camille MOREL - Bacterial Toxins) - In Progress
- An Aedes albopictus-driven epidemiological prediction for arboviral diseases outbreak in Europe(Pei-Shi YEN - Arboviruses and Insect Vectors) - Pending
- Evaluation de la représentativité génétique d'un pool de souches(Emilie SITTERLÉ - Fungal Biology and Pathogenicity) - In Progress
Related projects (3)
It has been shown that methylation can act as a kind of memory of the immune system. For patients with co-infections, it is of particular importance to know when to begin an anti-retroviral therapy, especially if they are already infected with tuberculosis. The goal of this study is to find hyper or hypo methylated loci related to the reaction of HIV patients (co-infected or not) to different kind of treatments.
As a result of combined climate change and globalization (increased flow of travelers and goods), the distribution of the mosquito Aedes albopictus is expanding significantly outside tropical regions.
Lyme borreliosis (LB) is an important tick-borne disease which can cause a broad range of symptoms mainly affecting the skin, the nervous system and the joints. It is caused by bacteria of the Borreli