Hub members Have many expertise, covering most of the fields in bioinformatics and biostatistics. You'll find below a non-exhaustive list of these expertise
Searched keyword : Orthology and paralogy analysis
Related people (4)
2015 – . – Institut Pasteur, Paris, France – Unit : Bioinformatics and Biostatistics HUB 2012 – 2015 – Institut Pasteur, Paris, France – Unit : Molecular Genetics of Yeasts Supervisor : Prof. B. Dujon 2012 – Institut Pasteur, Paris, France – Unit : Integrated Mycobacterial Pathogenomics Supervisor: Dr. R. Brosch Education 2012– MSc. Bioinformatics – Université Paris Diderot (Paris VII)
Genome assemblySequence analysisGenome analysisOrthology and paralogy analysisRead mappingSequence homology analysisDNA structure analysisGenome rearrangementsMotifs and patterns detection
- Comparative genomics of Listeria monocytogenes isolates(Marc LECUIT - Biology of Infection) - Awaiting Publication
- Duplications in bacteriophage genomes.(Luisa DE SORDI - Molecular Biology of Gene in Extremophiles) - Awaiting Publication
- De novo sequencing and analysis of three unassigned species of non tuberculous mycobacteria.(RIM GHARBI - Integrated Mycobacterial Pathogenomics) - Awaiting Publication
I have been involved in genomic projects for prokaryotic and human genetic studies (GWAS) since 1998. Currently, I am working on novel visualization techniques to explore large and highly complex data sets. I have develop a web based graphical user interface, called SynTView (http://genopole.pasteur.fr/SynTView/) to visualize biological features in comparative genomic studies. The tool allows interactive visualization of microbial genomes to investigate massive amounts of information efficiently. The software is characterized by the presentation of synthetic organisations of microbial genomes and the visualization of polymorphism data. I am extending this work into designing novel dynamic views for comparative analysis of viruses in emerging disease.
Data VisualizationDatabaseSofware development and engineeringComparative metagenomicsOrthology and paralogy analysis
- Analysis of Internal Deletions in EV71(Bjoern MEYER - Viral Populations and Pathogenesis) - Pending
- Chikungunya virus adaptation to a low temperature in a French population Ae. albopictus(Rachel BELLONE - Arboviruses and Insect Vectors) - Pending
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms and genome organization in members of the genus Yersinia(Javier PIZARRO-CERDA - Yersinia) - Pending
Graduated in “Structural Genomics and Bioinformatics”, I mainly worked during almost 6 years at the Genoscope (CEA) in the LABGeM team, within the microbial annotation platform MicroScope. I specifically focused on functional annotation and microbial metabolic pathways prediction and reconstruction, through pipeline implementation, database modeling and web interface development. Broadly, interactions in the MicroScope platform allowed me to tackle the whole annotation process: from genome assembly and gene prediction to network reconstruction. I also performed several comparative genomics analyses. As a member of the “Hub team”, I now take part to various projects, linked to HTS data, on different subjects (lncRNAs and stem cells, HIV integration and DNA structure, Ribosomal protein genes and genome evolution, Natural Antisense Transcripts in compact genomes…).
Data managementGenomicsSequence analysisWeb developmentDatabaseGenome analysisDatabases and ontologiesOrthology and paralogy analysisRead mappingSequence homology analysisGene prediction
- Multiparametric immunophenotyping of whole blood in IFN-treated multiple sclerosis patients(Priyanka DEVI - Cytokine Signaling) - Awaiting Publication
- Genomic DNA sequencing of Burkholderia ambifaria Q53 strain isolated from peanut rizospheric soil(Mathilde BEN ASSAYA - Structural Microbiology) - In Progress
- Comparative genomics of Helicobacter pylori bismuth resistant strains(Hilde DE REUSE - Helicobacter Pathogenesis) - In Progress
Najwa has been a postdoctoral fellow funded by the PTR project OM-Nega of the Institut Pasteur. Since January 2018 she has become the permanent bioinformatician of the group as part of the Hub team C3BI of the Institut Pasteur.
GenomicsSequence analysisDatabaseGenome analysisEvolutionOrthology and paralogy analysis
Related project (1)
The microbiota of the gastrointestinal tract is a diverse mixture different species and strains of bacteria. We aim to identify regions of dissimilarity between two different bacterial strains to be able to quantitate their relative abundance and thus obtain information about their ability to cohabitate a common environment. In addition, we are interested in assessing the surface localised protein repertoir of specific species through a combination bioinformatic analysis and proteomics.