EVENT : C3BI Available position
Inception project: Call for applications for the creation of five-year groups
Institut Pasteur has launched an international call for junior candidates wishing to establish new independent research groups in the cutting edge interdisciplinary environment of its campus in Paris, France. This year the call will be focused on the topics associated with the INstitut Convergence entitled “Emergence of Pathologies Through Individuals and populatiONs” (Inception program).
The Inception program would particularly welcome projects in the following fields:
– Sequence analysis
– Machine learning
– Data management and analysis
– Systems biology
– Precision medicine
The primary focus of the call is on computational and statistical analysis of biological “big data”, typically produced by New Generation Sequencing (NGS) and -omics technologies. Nevertheless, all modeling and computational approaches addressing biological questions closely related to the Inception program areas are eligible.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
– Significant achievements in bioinformatics/biostatistics/biomathematics,
– Broad experience in methodological development and data analysis,
– Relevant publication record of cutting-edge research as senior/first author,
– Demonstrated ability to collaborate with experimental and computational biologists.
The successful junior candidate* will be appointed with a permanent position, heading a group of six persons at the Institut Pasteur of Paris. This group will be created for a period of five years. Thereafter, the group may compete for full research group status.
A highly attractive package matching the experience of the successful candidate will be provided, including salaries (principal investigator, permanent bioinformatician/biostatistician, post-doctoral fellowships), a substantial contribution to equipment and computing facilities and annual running costs. Support for relocation expenses will also be provided.
Applications must be submitted online at: https://c3bi.pasteur.fr/inceptioncallg5/
The deadline for application submission is January 14, 2018, 12:00 pm CET.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by the end of March 2018 and will be invited for interviews to take place in May 2018 (please set aside 2-4 May). The final ranking will be established by the Pasteur Scientific Council during its June 2018 session (please set aside 05-06 May, when applicants will be interviewed).
Informal inquiries related to the INCEPTION program should be addressed to Inception-CallG5@pasteur.fr
* Institut Pasteur is an equal opportunity employer. Junior group leaders are eligible to apply within eight years of receiving their PhD at the time of submission. Women are eligible to apply as junior group leaders up to 10 years after receiving their PhD if they have one child and up to 12 years after their PhD if they have two or more children.