EVENT : C3BI Training
Training – Introduction to data analysis 2017-18
Date : 16/10/2017 at 09:00 am Location : Retrovirus room – LWOFF (22),Institut Pasteur, Paris Date : 08/01/2018 at 09:00 am Location : BFJ 28-01-01A ,Institut Pasteur, Paris
This course is dedicated to first year PhD students of the Institut Pasteur : each of them entering our institute will be automatically registered to the course . Nevertheless applications from 2nd and 3rd year PhD students and postdocs working at the Institute are possible within the limit of the number of places available. First year PhD students with a background in mathematics or physics will be allowed to ask for an exemption. The course will consist in a series of three-hour lectures per day, four days a week over four weeks mixing closely theory and practical work. There will be two sessions, the first one starting October 16th, 2017 and the second one starting January 8th, 2018.
The form below have to be used in order to either request an exemption or to apply to the course.
- Exemption requests will be delivered for students already trained in biostatistics (join a CV and a letter from the supervisor).
- Application is open to PhD students in 2nd, 3rd years , and to all postdocs working on parisian campus .
- Lecture 1 – Introduction to R – slides – R code – data – R handout
- Lecture 2 – Introduction to R – slides – R code
- Lecture 3 – Random Variables – slides – R code
- Lecture 4 – Estimation – slides – R code – data
- Lecture 5-6 – Confidence intervals & Hypothesis testing – Slides and Exercises
- Practical Session 1 – Exercises – Supplementary data – Answers
- Lecture 7-9 – Introduction to statistical modelling – Slides – data – Rcode – code Anova
- Practical Session 2 – Archive – Correction
- Lecture 10 – Principal Component Analysis – Slides – data – Rcode
- Lecture 11 – Clustering – Slides – Rcode
- Lecture 12
- Practical Session 3 – Archive
Session 1 – Introduction to R